Wednesday, 17 September 2014

THE NEW KIDS ON THE BNKE BLOCK !!!!!!

Every year, Basic Needs Youth Fellowship program gives a chance to some lucky youths in Nairobi and its environs to take part in their activities. This year 3 lucky fellows have been selected for the September-November Period. Read what they have to say about their experiences so far at the BNKE program.


Marvin Macharia


It has been a fun filled 3 weeks since I joined the program. I am really enjoying the training sessions. What I enjoy most is the practical approach towards learning.
I am told I need to tell you guys a little bit about I…well;
I love and appreciate life and the people around me. Basically try as much as possible to make most out life. Responsibly of course
I love listening to music coz it calms my nerves after a long day’s work.
 My favorite meal is Fish, Ugali and kachumbari kando...










Evans Langat



A fellow and a learner at Basic Needs Kenya, am Evans and not just found myself attending Basic Needs Fellowship but with an interest of getting to know what mental health entails. It’s been a good time being in the fellowship for 3 weeks now and had an opportunity to learn on how I can handle a person with mental illness… looking forward to contributing to the fellowship..
 I love to smile coz it's contagious and enjoy spreading happiness wherever i go......  











Sandra Angel



It’s now 3 weeks since joining. I’m the only lady among the 2014 fellows. It’s awesome getting to interact with the other fellows and also learning stuff about Mental Health and Mental Illnesses affecting the population.

I love music and I’m an activist…Haki Yetu!!!!!

No comments: